Tuesday 4 August 2009

Mad 5 days..........................I went out!


Hi Guys

Sorry I have not blogged for a few days, I've had a few technical issues.........well where do I start...the last 5 days have been crazyyyyyyyy!

I'll start with Saturday, I woke up feeling quite good having rested for a few days and decided I wanted to tackle Tesco...I haven't been able to get round the place for 6 months but I just felt ready to again, in the last 6 months I have managed one aisle so I was hoping for a little more and we didn't nee our usual shop just some odds and sods.....(yeh £40 later..hmmmmm!)

Anyhow I did it I actually got round, when I did it I didn't know whether to laugh or cry I was so over the moon, it had been a huge stumbling block for me the last few months like a Nemesis, I'd almost become scared of the bloody place.......but I did it and even though my body ached and I just wanted to sleep on the way home I was so proud of myself...........

I just hoped that I hadn't knackered myself up for going out Saturday night as a charity quiz and disco was taking place and I so wanted to go, the afternoon did not look too good, rain outside and after having a soak in the bath and a spot of lunch an afternoon nap was necessary I woke up and couldn't decide what to do, but in the end I took the plunge and after ANOTHER bath I got myself ready and made the trip out.

I'm so glad I did I saw family and friends I haven't seen in months and they were so understanding and welcoming of me which I knew they would be but to receive it first hand it was great, I admit I was completely shattered just getting there and the 4 ciders I had reallytipped me over the edge, but it was a great night with
a lot of money raised for a fantastic charity and even though I knew I was going to pay for it then so be it, when I can go out I will, by doing this I am learning my limitations and will know next time maybe I need to leave earlier than I did or not drink 4 ciders, but I believe this is all part of it, How do I know unless I try? Its so hard to know sometimes what to do for the best.........and this way I'll learn how to mange it more effectively

So Sunday was all about resting and I did just that, I was absolutely shattered...........so not much else to say about Sunday...........apart from I slept

Monday I woke up feeling okay, and decided to go fishing..............WOAHHHHHHH Bad move!!!

Within 2 hours I felt really unwell, dizzy, tired, headache, swollen lymph nodes so Ferg made a hasty pack up job and I had to come home to bed...........I know deep down I shouldn't have gone, too much in a few days...........but I know now at the minute the limitations I have, you may read this and thing STUPID STUPID GIRL but like I just said its so hard when you feel good then within minutes BANG! You fall back down again.......I will learn in time.............


I knew with the hospital today I shouldn't have............

So the wonderful lumbar puncture today, my appointment was at 2:15pm.....and to say I was nervous was an understatement................I had a million horrid thoughts in my head......

I got to stoke at about 1:10pm.....early I know but when I'm nervous I have to just get there, The nurse was fab though as were all the staff, Stoke hospital is miles above Stafford, I have always been fine when I've gone to Stafford but with Stoke you can see differences.

She explained the procedure in full, and it didn't seem so bad, I think what I googled the procedure has moved on, they use different needles that prevent a headache afterwards, and the staff just made me feel so at ease saying that if I wanted it to stop they would etc....

So I curled on the bed in the foetal position whilst he anaesthetised the lower of my back, I only felt a tiny scratch on my back and then the nurse completed the procedure no longer than 10 minutes in all, I felt absolutely nothing............afterwards I had a nice cup of tea and by 2:15pm I was all ok to go home........the blood he took afterwards hurt more

So I'm in bed now and the anesthetic is wearing off my back and the pain is horrid I just cannot get comfy......but it'll be worth it I'm sure....when fingers crossed the results will come back ok.........

So that's my 5 days................Phew..............so the next few days I will be resting as my body is telling me to, and my heads aches, lymph nodes swollen and I'm so tired but soooouncomfy..........

Oh well the joys of being ill................I still have my sense of humour though......it cannot take that away from me!

Today's picture is from Saturday night.....me and the lovely Ferg.......xxx

Catch ya soon.........Ginge..xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment