Thursday 20 August 2009

Learning..................


Hi guys

How you all been? I've not been too bad, had my moments but all in all a better few days although I'm still not 100% and firing on all cylinders...

Anyhow on my last blog I forgot to tell you my great news.....My pals from the Army were having a reunion this year which I had planned to go on, but had to let them know that I couldn't due to this bloody illness, so last week Charlie (one of the girls) let me know that they had all got together and decided that if I couldn't make it to London then they would all come to Stafford, to say I was speechless is an understatement. I am so amazed at what is being done for me, I just cannot thanks my friends enough, I have not seen them for almost 10 years and to do this well........SHOCKED and OVERWHELMED.....Thanks Guys x

The last couple of days I've been having some funny laughs after digging out some old pics, and placing them on facebook, (I will be so unpopular) but never mind, I have bought some albums to as my photo's are just lying around I though its the perfect opportunity whilst I'm off work to sort them out and make some nice albums out of them.......I have had some great times with family and friends and I am sure there will be many more.

Talking of photo's I took some of the sun setting two weeks ago as the sky was the reddest and prettiest I have ever seen, and quite light heartily I sent it to the local newspaper, The Staffordshire Newsletter but heard nothing back so I thought nothing of it, until I bought the paper today and my picture had been printed on the editors page.....I have been laughing about it all day......I just cannot believe it..........made my day, well that and the fact my eldest sister and son Thomas came to see me for a few hours today which was nice.....(especially the goodies she bought me) But it was nice to have some company in the daytime too....Thanks Jo xxx


I have also been reading my new book by Sue Pemberton who runs a ME/CFS clinic in Leeds, and although I have only read a dozen pages or so it is very good.

It talks about how to use your energy etc....so where as when I've had a "good" day before I have done everything I possibly could do, where as what I should be doing is less and using my energy more wisely so I don't bust!

So before I would clean the flat completely this week I have split the jobs up, which is hard as I like to do everything as in hoover polish etc all at the same time, so on Monday I polished, Tuesday I hoovered and Wednesday I cleaned the bathroom.

I will be drawing up my own little rota to stick to each week to do this, a little each day, and teaching myself that I have achieved something instead of believing I haven't.....it will take time as even the book says you do not know your limitations until you try so I will pursue and try and find the best remedy for me.......I will keep you updated

I am still awaiting the results from the blood too...Will let you know when I do


Well Catch you all soon........

Today's pictures was taken in 2001 in Ibiza with my best mates..........We were at the Hoe Down which I recall was a fab night

Ginge xxx

1 comment:

  1. That is so wonderful that your friends will come to you! I'm happy for you :D

    ReplyDelete