Monday 21 September 2009

Just cant shake the tiredness off..............


Well Hello.............

I didn't realise it had been over a week since my last post...I must be busy......haha

Well I must say I feel like I am still improving and the headaches are getting less (touch wood) but I just cant seem to shake of the tiredness, I am still not sleeping in the day but I have had the occasional nap (20 mins or so) and this is only when the wave of fatigue is intense.......and normally I don't feel it build up it just BANG brick wall and its here..........

So I have had another appointment come through for the hospital to see the neurologist on the 19th November...the day after my 29th Birthday............no drinking for me then......I need a clear head......

I also had a letter come through with reference to my tests I have had, my lumbar puncture, EEG where fine most of my blood was fine but my ANA (something to do with anti-bodies are low) which may or may not be significant they will discuss and test further if need be at the hospital but its nothing to be overly concerned about for the minute and my B12 levels are low..........

So I am having on Thursday further bloods done to re-test my B12, I will give a brief description on this for you....B12 deficiency can cause some of the symptoms I have been experiencing although I am not pinning all my hopes on this...so I am trying to eat foods rich in B12 which is mainly animal products such as red meat, eggs, milk, marmite (good job I am a lover not a hater!) and I am taking a tablet supplement, it may be that my stomach cannot absorb the B12 so if this is not working and my level stays low, it may mean that I will have to have regular injections to help this, and then its a waiting game of whether this is what has been wrong with me or its plain and simple I have CFS.

In my last post I told you about the anti-depressants, that I was going to start taking, well I took the decision not to take them until I can get some resolve around this B12, like I said I am not pinning my hopes on this B12 but I feel if there is a slight chance then I do not want to take any tablets that may not be needed (if that makes sense) and I am seeing and other around me are seeing I am improving mentally and physically........although it is going to be a slow recovery and I must take my time in recovery to avoid any relapse like I suffered when I went back to work earlier on the year.

I am still trying to do some exercise each day until my physio appointment come through to get my body working again, and I am resting when my body starts to yell at me.........


I have booked my little mid week holiday at a Haven site in Mablethorpe, just outside Skegness so that should be fun, like I said I am just looking to relax in another environment as I doubt its going to be beach weather so just a few gentle strolls around locally will do me, and if hubby gets bored the park has its own fishing lake, something we both haven't done in about 6 weeks or so.

Well I promise next time not to leave my blog so long.............and I hope I can continue to improve...........

Thanks for reading and thanks for your messages of support.......

Today's photo is me and my nephew Louis........

See you all soon..............LFB xx










No comments:

Post a Comment