Thursday 24 November 2011

Up before the alarm clock calls
I hearing the muttering from behind the walls
They say the sun is out its fine and dry
I look out the window not a cloud in the sky
I run downstairs and help pack up the car
A journey to make that is not to a far
Shorts and t-shirt, bucket and spade
Sunglasses and hat to give me some shade
The feeling of joy when my feet touch the sand
Building a castle with my own fair hands
Run to the sea on this hot summers day
Splashing around enjoying the play
Crisp blue waters warm like a bath
Hoping my life doesn’t stray from this pat
Sandwiches eaten, ice cream in my hand
The sun beating hard my skin is nice and tanned
Photos are taken and memories are made
We stay till the evening when the sun starts to fade
Strolling back to the car with a smile on my face
I hope it’s not long till I return to this place

No comments:

Post a Comment